Jobs in Canada
Logistics Manager Toronto
Scotlynn has been in business for over 25 years as a premier transportation company. We’ve expanded our operations in Florida, Indiana and southern Ontario. We’ve created a work atmosphere which allows you the freedom of building your own book of business by giving you the tools needed to succeed. You may never have thought about how your groceries, your computer or your furniture got to your local store, but we think about it every day. Come join our logistics team and learn to help companies get their products where they need to go.
What we’re looking for individuals who are:
- Highly motivated
- Willing to seek out and seize opportunities
- Driven for personal and financial success
We work 8-5 in the office daily with some afterhours as required. Our employees come from many different backgrounds but all have one thing in common, the drive to succeed
Administrative assistant Calgary
Our client is seeking an outgoing and energetic Administrative professional with superior organization and prioritization abilities for a 1-year contract, starting as soon as possible in Calgary, AB.
The successful candidate will be a hardworking, resourceful individual with a strong desire to succeed.
This position will support the Western Canada Resource Plays and New Ventures teams in the Exploration Department.
• Coordinate Employee Moves and New Personnel Setup with Facilities Management and the IS department
• Organize and distribute monthly Luncheon tickets for the department
• Submit and Code expense reports
• Use SAP: Time Entry, Purchase Order Requisitions, Invoice Submission, Coding & Tracking
• Order Stationary and office suppliers
• Arrange travel using Concur
• Organize meetings and assist other administrative assistants for large events (eg. Townhall meetings)
• Liaison with the maintenance department for issues on the floor
• Scan and photocopy documents
• Send mail via courier and distribute incoming mail
• Support Resource Exploration in document management and SharePoint/HDMS site development and sustainment
Administrative Assistant Must Have Skills
• 5+ years of experience in an administrative role
• 5 years experience using document management systems
• Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Previous experience using SAP: Time, Purchase Requisitions, and Invoice Tracking
• Experience arranging travel using Concur or similar program
• Experience processing technical requests for new hires, working with Facilities and IS
Administrative Assistant Nice To Have Skills
• Administrative Professional Diploma
• Previous experience using Spotfire or similar
• Experience working in the Petroleum Industry
• 1 year experience using MS SharePoint
Project engineer Toronto
Project Manager for Large Scale High Rise Residential Projects in Downtown Toronto, $100-150k + package
Your new company
A well-established development and construction company, focusing on iconic high-rise Residential & Mixed-Use projects for over 40 years. Historically a Developer, due to their continued growth and success they have brought Construction in-house and are seeking an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of successfully delivering high-rise residential construction projects in the GTA to support and manage a major development in Central Toronto.
Your new role
The job of the Project Manager is to provide clear direction to project team members and distribute workload to capitalise on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities. You will plan, organize, assign & supervise work for Project Coordinator's and site personnel, initiate & maintain contact with trades, consultants, architects and designers and lead meetings with them and monitor/control construction budgets & costs all while adhering to company HSE program. The Senior Project Manager will also liaise with senior management regarding potential risks due to claims and schedule impacts etc., via the Project Manager(s) and Coordinators monitor & control trade work schedule, contingency and quality of work, attend site meetings, and perform any other responsibilities required as per company processes.
What you'll need to succeed
To qualify for this job, you will have completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline and have 5 to 10 years' related work experience. You will be familiar with High Rise Residential construction methodology and practices and have verifiable experience with large complex projects up to $250 million in size. You must have a solid understanding of construction documents and a clear knowledge of construction costs and budgets, as well as project scheduling.
What you'll get in return
This is a career-defining opportunity for any seasoned construction professional looking to elevate their career and join a leading, global business, making a lasting impact in Toronto construction. The salary on offer is base salary $100-150,000 (depending on experience) + benefits, bonus and paid vacation.
This position is responsible for performing generic office duties such as maintaining all records for the school and staff; acts as a receptionist at the front desk area; meetings visitors to the school; filing record keeping and other as required. On occasion, the incumbent may be called upon to provide interpreting services at parent/teacher meetings if necessary.
Reporting to the Principal, the School Secretary will also act as a liaison between the public and the school, as well as co-ordinate appropriate documents to the regional education office, Qikiqtani School Operations.
The successful candidate should have as a minimum a Grade 10 education accompanied by 2 years of related work experience. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively (written, typing and verbal) in English and Inuktitut. Completion of an Office Procedures course would be considered an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
The Senior Auditor/Associate Manager is accountable for completing projects of all types (key risk audits, project risk audits, financial controls testing and other special projects) and the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services. While remaining totally independent, the Audit Services function provides value by working with management at all levels to improve the management of various risks.
Plan and execute audit projects in accordance with department standards.
Manage projects within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to supervisors.
Conduct interviews with management regarding the risks being managed by business unit; and assist in developing audit programs to evaluate these risks.
Lead audit staff assisting on projects and review completed files to ensure quality of work completed.
Assist in assessing control effectiveness.
Assist in preparing audit reports, including executive summary and audit issues, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
Assist in presenting findings and recommendations to business unit management; resolve contentious issues and reach agreement on appropriate solutions.
Follow up on open audit issues until resolved.
Provide feedback to staff on assignments and contribute to their development.
Utilize technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
Assist business unit management by providing risk management consulting support and risk management education and training.
Complete assigned work required to support External Auditors
University degree required
A recognized accounting (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) designation.
3 to 5 years internal/external audit or equivalent business experience
Knowledge of life insurance operations is a definite asset
Demonstrated understanding of business processes and their risk implications, being able to analyze situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations
Demonstrated knowledge of audit methodologies, project management and system development methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices, and regulatory requirements
Ability to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider ideas of others
Strong customer focus and commitment to quality
Ability to develop and carry out audit programs to deliver quality results on time and within budget
Ability to exercise and demonstrate sound judgment
Results oriented; ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with business units and staff at all levels
Leadership skills in achieving departmental, project and individual objectives
Ability to manage goals in situations without formal structure and to adapt to chan
Civil engineer Calgary
As a Project Engineer at Carbro, you will implement the technical details of plans and ensure quality control as you oversee the construction of high profile- multimillion dollar transportation, utility, civil and environmental construction Projects for NJDOT, US Army Corp. of Engineers, and various other high profile Public/Private Clientele.
This opportunity will expose you to a diverse array of construction disciplines, provide you with an opportunity to work outdoors, develop your skills and make a difference in society- all while becoming part of an elite team of highly trained and experienced construction professionals.
Carbro’s corporate culture is that of a family, where every employee is a valued member. Employees may only come to Carbro for a job, but they often find so much more- a dedicated team, a caring family, a lifelong career. The position provides room for growth and advancement, an excellent benefits package, and compensation commensurate with experience.
Inside sales manager Vancouver
Position Title: Inside Sales Manager
The Sales Manager must have 5+ years experience managing a sales department. The Sales Manager must be an exceptional salesperson with strong verbal skills. They must be articulate, analytical, positive and motivational. The Inside Sales Manager must also be enthusiastic and able to inspire all those in the department.
- $60,000 per year
- $28,000 in bonuses
- Total Compensation - $88,000
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound call centre, maximizing all sales opportunities.
- Oversee sales/departmental KPI’s to achieve targeted monthly sales numbers on all lines of business.
- Work with Sales Reps to maintain top performance, insuring they hit targeted KPI’s.
- Ongoing training with Sales Reps to strengthen individual performance.
- Create short term and long term training plans for each Sales Rep and monitor their performance.
- Handle customer escalations to ensure top quality customer relations.
- Work with other management on sales targets.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
Facilities Manager Toronto
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our Facilities department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in MEP, HVAC, building automation systems, real estate, building engineering or construction, Uline is the company for you.
Up to $100,000 per year, based on experience
Uline seeks a Facilities Manager at its Toronto Branch in Milton, Ontario.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for leading the maintenance and services of our facilities to ensure they meet employee and organizational needs. The ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver who strategically leads at a high level.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams of staff, including maintenance, grounds and custodial workers.
- Accurately plan budgets, capital expenses and projects.
- Schedule, assign and perform duties in carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, heating / ventilating and roofing.
- Audit and report weekly on facility conditions.
- Inspect buildings, sites and equipment for needed repair and maintenance work.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
- Assist with construction project management.
- Use computerized tracking system to ensure accurate collection of all maintenance work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years facilities experience preferred.