Jobs in Canada
Civil engineer Calgary
As a Project Engineer at Carbro, you will implement the technical details of plans and ensure quality control as you oversee the construction of high profile- multimillion dollar transportation, utility, civil and environmental construction Projects for NJDOT, US Army Corp. of Engineers, and various other high profile Public/Private Clientele.
This opportunity will expose you to a diverse array of construction disciplines, provide you with an opportunity to work outdoors, develop your skills and make a difference in society- all while becoming part of an elite team of highly trained and experienced construction professionals.
Carbro’s corporate culture is that of a family, where every employee is a valued member. Employees may only come to Carbro for a job, but they often find so much more- a dedicated team, a caring family, a lifelong career. The position provides room for growth and advancement, an excellent benefits package, and compensation commensurate with experience.
Your new company
Your new company is a fast growing midtown employer operating in real estate, property management and surrounding industries. In their fast pace environment, they are looking for an intermediate level accounting professional to join their accounting team.
Your new role
In your new role, you will be responsible for the following:
Manage the general ledger and month end reporting.
Complete bank and credit card reconciliations, HST returns, and other day-to-day accounting tasks.
Be the interface with customers and vendors, manage AR and AP with the assistance from the Accounting Assistant.
Manage intercompany accounts.
Own the financial tracking and analysis of job costs, change orders and other budget items.
Process payroll, source deduction, EHT, WSIB and other government remittances.
Other ad hoc projects assigned by the management.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in your new role, you must posses the following:
A degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or a closely related discipline.
CPA designated or close to completion of the designation.
3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in the construction industry.
Experience with QuickBooks / Sage 50 is a strong asset.
Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Exceptional attention to detail.
Strong sense of urgency.
Team-oriented, with the ability to develop good working relationships.
Can-do attitude; problem-solver; trouble-shooter.
What you'll get in return
What you will get in return is a competitive salary ranging from $52,000-$56,000 +2 weeks vacation and benefits.
Guest service agents Calgary
Discount Car and Truck Rentals is a Canadian owned and operated company. We are a renowned industry leader with over 300 offices across Canada. As a result of our continued growth and success, we are currently searching for new team members!
- Greet all customers in a professional and courteous manner and continuously exceed their expectations by “going the extra mile”
- Build and maintain relationships with accounts
- Work within our existing account to ensure all customer service standards are met and exceeded
- Assist with the picking up and dropping off of customers and complete vehicle inspections
- Work as a team player with fellow team members to optimize branch productivity including cleaning and shuttling vehicles
- Minimum of one year of customer service, retail or sales experience preferred
- Friendly, outgoing personaity driven to excel at customer service
- Professional and able to work directly with accounts and a variety of customers, exceeding expectations
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Passion and committment to excel at customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bondable and legally eligible to work in Canada
- Professional attire is required which will include uniform
What’s in it for you?
- Bonus program based on customer service
- Career advancement opportunities
- Discounted rates on car and truck rentals
- Immediate enrolment in the Discount Incentive program giving you discounted rates on home and auto insurance, clothing, sporting events and more
- Ongoing training program to give you the tools you need to succeed
The Foreman is responsible for coordinating the efforts of site construction workers and ensuring the project is completed correctly and on time. Ensuring Health & Safety guidelines and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Monitor attendance of crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate for the project and request more if required
Operations Manager Calgary
Operations Manager will be responsible for managing calendars, travel, and other functions of upper management. This individual must have the ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support. The position requires a person who is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized.
- Follow-up on assigned projects with limited oversight.
- Respond appropriately to incoming calls.
- Initiate video and phone conferencing as needed.
- Provides confidential support and performs under limited supervision.
- Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities for serving as the principle point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external contacts.
- Arrange, organize and schedule meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for executive leaders.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to learn rapidly and be resourceful
- High tolerance for stress and ambiguity
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience working in an administrative role preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (including: Word, Note, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 2 weeks of paid vacations
- Flexible schedule
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Junior Analyst Toronto
Junior Excel Data Analyst - Job Description
- Responsible for reviewing quality of key regulatory compliance risks, controls and regulatory theme data attributes collected by the business in specially formatted spreadsheets that require adherence to specific data parameters to allow for upload into Bank’s Enterprise Repository of Internal Controls (ERIC).
- Validate regulatory compliance data quality in worksheets as they come in under the direction of the Product owner and Data Workstream Lead
- Take direction from the Program Director (hiring manager) to support specific requests from the Regulatory Compliance Management team as it relates to regulatory compliance data quality or reporting
Junior Excel Data Analyst– Mandatory Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 2-3 years Data Analyst experience, preferably in IT and Financial services
- Advanced Excel (understands and can run macros)
- Experience reviewing large volumes of data quickly for adherence to defined data parameters with advanced attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize competing requests
- Ability to produce under tight deadlines
Junior Excel Data Analyst– Nice to Have Skills
- Experience interacting directly with key stakeholders to provide updates on progress and feedback on quality of data (will be supported and given direction)
Administrative assistant Calgary
Our client is seeking an outgoing and energetic Administrative professional with superior organization and prioritization abilities for a 1-year contract, starting as soon as possible in Calgary, AB.
The successful candidate will be a hardworking, resourceful individual with a strong desire to succeed.
This position will support the Western Canada Resource Plays and New Ventures teams in the Exploration Department.
• Coordinate Employee Moves and New Personnel Setup with Facilities Management and the IS department
• Organize and distribute monthly Luncheon tickets for the department
• Submit and Code expense reports
• Use SAP: Time Entry, Purchase Order Requisitions, Invoice Submission, Coding & Tracking
• Order Stationary and office suppliers
• Arrange travel using Concur
• Organize meetings and assist other administrative assistants for large events (eg. Townhall meetings)
• Liaison with the maintenance department for issues on the floor
• Scan and photocopy documents
• Send mail via courier and distribute incoming mail
• Support Resource Exploration in document management and SharePoint/HDMS site development and sustainment
Administrative Assistant Must Have Skills
• 5+ years of experience in an administrative role
• 5 years experience using document management systems
• Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Previous experience using SAP: Time, Purchase Requisitions, and Invoice Tracking
• Experience arranging travel using Concur or similar program
• Experience processing technical requests for new hires, working with Facilities and IS
Administrative Assistant Nice To Have Skills
• Administrative Professional Diploma
• Previous experience using Spotfire or similar
• Experience working in the Petroleum Industry
• 1 year experience using MS SharePoint
We are looking for a female Secretary cum Receptionist to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Her duties include providing support to our Managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing office's general administrative activities, coordinates and maintains records for staff office and creates and modifies various documents.
* More than 2 years proven experience as a secretary, administrative assistant, receptionist
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
* Knowledge of office management systems and procedures and knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
* Attention to detail and problem solving skills